Our Mission and Goals
The mission of the Office of ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Equity is to eradicate the opportunity gap among all students at CCSF.
The primary goals of the Office of ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Equity will be to:
- Support the integration of equity as a core planning value at all levels of the college.
- Support all college stakeholders in developing interventions designed to close opportunity gaps
- Build the capacity of college constituencies to access, analyze and track data
In addition, the Office of ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Equity will work closely with the ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Learning Outcomes Committee of the Academic Senate and the Research and Planning Department to continue regular equity-themed data analysis sessions with faculty and staff, coaching groups and individuals about analysis of ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Learning Outcomes disaggregated by focus populations as well as assisting faculty and staff with evaluation of opportunity gaps in their departments and programs.
This increased capacity will improve access to and understanding of data, data systems, and data analysis. In turn, the college community will increase skills and abilities related to data collection, data reporting, and outcomes assessment.
Our Vision Statement
The ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Office of ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Equity is committed to inclusivity, equity, and diversity among our college community members, including students, staff, faculty, and administrators. We believe that all students, of varying backgrounds, races, abilities, nationalities, identities, sexual orientations, beliefs, religions, socio-economic statuses, have the right to access higher education and receive the resources and support they need to achieve their educational and professional goals. We welcome, encourage, and engage in diverse perspectives in respectful dialogue, and our commitment is to be critically race-conscious, anti-racist, and culturally responsive in all that we do. Education is for all who enter the doors of this college. We welcome you.
░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Equity and Achievement (SEA) Program
░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Equity Metrics
Equity Times Newsletters
Document Translation and Interpretation Services (through AANAPISI)
In 2017-18, the categorical fund leads for ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Equity (SE), Basic Skills (BSI), ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Success (SSSP) worked on creating an integrated plan for the State Chancellor's Office. As a result, the state is now integrating the three funds into the ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Equity and Achievement (SEA) Program.
The ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Equity and Achievement Program, established in Education Code (EC) 78222, consolidates the Basic Skills Initiative (BSI), ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Equity (SE) and the ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Success and Support Program (SSSP) with the intent of supporting Guided Pathways and the system-wide goal to eliminate achievement gaps. As a condition of receiving funds, a district shall comply with the following: maintain an equity plan; provide matriculation services; adopt placement policies (AB 705) and provide all students with an educational plan.
- Successful Enrollment
- Completed╠řTransfer-level Math and English in 1st year
- Retention╠řfrom Primary Term to Secondary Term
- Completion (certificate or degree)
- Transfer to a four-year institution
Based on the formula provided by the States Chancellor's Office to identify our College's disproportionate gaps.╠ř
- Black/African American
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
- American Indian/Alaskan Native
- ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═°s with disabilities (DSPS)
- ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═°s facing homelessness or housing insecurity**
- Foster Youth**
- Justice Impacted (students formerly incarcerated)*
* recent additions for CCSF
** equity populations based on local college data
2023 Equity Newsletters
CCSF Document Translation and Interpretation Services
- Document Translation Services provided by Accent on Languages (in collaboration with Adult Education Programs [AEP])
- Interpretation Services provided by LanguageLine Solutions (in collaboration with the Office of ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Equity [OSE]/Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions╠ř[AANAPISI])
Learn more about our AANAPISI efforts through our partnership with╠řLanguageLine Solutions.