City College no longer offers English and Math placement tests. Instead, you may use our online assessment form to receive your transfer-level English and Math Course Placements.
All new students to ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° are required to participate in the╠řNew ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═° Orientation. The orientation introduces you to the essential programs, services, and information to better prepare you before your first semester.
- You may receive transfer-level English and Math course placements based on your high school/college transcripts or test score╠řdata (AP, SAT, ACT, etc.).
- Submit your╠řhigh school/college transcripts or other supporting documentation along with the .╠ř
- ░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═°s who feel they need additional language acquisition support may want to take the or talk to a counselor about the ESL sequence at CCSF.╠ř
Your placement results can be viewed on╠řyour . After you receive your placements,╠řplease╠řmeet with a counselor to develop your educational plan and complete our .
░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═°s will receive an English placement into either:
- English 1A without support (take 1A by itself)
- English 1A with support (take linked sections for 1A and 1AS)
After passing 1A, students may take one of the following second-semester English classes:
- English 1B (Writing about Literature)
- English 1C (Writing about Nonfiction)
In order to meet the CCSF Written Composition graduation requirement, you must complete ENGL 1A or equivalent.
░─├┼┴¨║¤▓╩╣┘═°s may receive a Math placement into either:
- Baseline transfer level Math courses (Math 70, 80+80S, 90+90S)
- For a higher transfer level Math placement, please complete our